MOTHERS DAY GIFT IDEAS FROM NEIS BUSINESSES
We’ve curated this special collection of Mother’s Day Gift ideas – all from Australian small businesses who got their start with the NEIS training program. Just look at these lovely things! We are in awe. Please check with individual sellers for shipping options and delivery time.
1. Swedish Dala Horse cushion cover. Hand screen-printed and designed by Susie-Lotta Designs in Adelaide, South Australia. Made from high quality 55% hemp 45% organic cotton, using solvent free, non-toxic inks. Susie-Lotta stocks lots of other lovely items, including cards.
2. Hand-made ‘Mrembo’ beaded choker. From Classicafricana in Perth, Western Australia who specialise in designing, making and selling unique African products.
3. Raspberry and charred chilli chocolate. Made from delicious freeze dried raspberry chunks and smokey, charred jalapeno chilli with premium quality Belgian chocolate, topped with a pinch of pure Tasmanian sea salt flakes. Made by A Pinch Of in Tasmania, who focus on handmade small batch chocolates.
4. ’Mummy & Me’ matching bum bags. Mum can use hers to carry a phone, credit cards or cash; and the kiddie version can hold trinkets, rocks or a special toy! From Vivra in Brisbane, Queensland.
5. Boomerang Bags re-useable roll-up cutlery pouch. Made using recycled cotton, with 4 slots for your re-useable cutlery. Each pouch comes with one stainless steel straw. Available from Love My Planet on the Gold Coast, Queensland. Love My Planet stock beeswax wraps, and many other eco-friendly products.
6. Abstract, organic one-of-a-kind wall weaving. Hung on found Australian wood, featuring limited edition Bendigo Woollen Mills yarn. From A Vibrant Nest in Melbourne, Victoria.
7. Ceramic vessels. Hand-made by Ceramica Mechanica in Melbourne, Victoria. Along with direct-to-public sales of ceramic works, Ceramica Mechanica provide private wheel-throwing lessons, short courses in ceramics and kiln firing services. Gift vouchers available too!
8. Polymer clay stud earrings. Hand-formed by A Vibrant Nest in Melbourne, Victoria. Hypoallergenic with surgical steel backing posts, supplied on A Vibrant Nest backing card.
9. Love heart rock candies. 100% vegan, available in 70g jars, 80g jars and 1kg bags. Hand-made by Red Balloon Candy Artisans in Prahran, Victoria. They also stock lollipops, jellies, honeycomb and molded candy skulls! Read the Candy Artisans story in our blog post.
10. ‘In reflection’ print. Art by designer Casey Schuurmann. Printed on Envirocare 100% recycled paper, in Melbourne, Australia. Available in A5 and A4. Casey also runs typography workshops. You can read more about Casey in our blog post.
All these businesses used the free NEIS small business training program to get started. Do you have a great business idea too? For more info on the NEIS program, use the postcode search tool to find your nearest NEIS provider.